You can upload the following image types to a post or page on your site:
1. Go to Posts -> Add New or Pages -> Add New, or open an existing post or page in editing mode.
2. Place your cursor where you would like the image to appear, then click on the media icon above your post/page editor:
3. Select Files to choose an image from your computer to upload.
4. Once the uploading process has completed, you will be given the option to edit some settings before inserting the image into the post/page.
- Title – Text displayed as a tooltip (when a mouse is hovered over the image)
- Alternate Text – Provides alternate text to describe the image if a browser has image loading disabled and is important to the usability of your website in case your visitors have poor eyesight or are using assistive reading technology.
- Caption – Image caption displayed directly underneath the image (will also serve as the alternate text.)
- Description – Text displayed with the image in your dashboard and attachment pages on your blog.
- Link to: – The URL/web address to which the image will be linked. Generally, you will select None.
- Alignment – The position of the image within your post or page.
- Size – The size of the image that will be placed on your page. Generally “Medium” works within a page of text.
- Click Edit Image beneath the image preview to rotate, flip, scale, or crop the image.
5. Click Insert into page when you’re done adjusting the image’s settings.