Please add your events as early as possible to allow time for approval and broadcasting to other media outlets.
Adding an Event
- Go to events.wfu.edu
- Click “Login” (located in upper-right side of the page, under “search”)
- Log in using your WIN username and password (same used for checking email, but leaving out @wfu.edu)
- Click “Submit an Event“
- Enter information for as many fields as you have information (you can add multiple “Event Types,” “Departments,” and “Target Audiences”) If your venue, department or group is not listed, please email@example.com and let us know.
- If you do not enter a contact name and email, your information will be automatically listed.
- Click “Add Event”
- Your event will go into a moderation queue after it has been submitted. You will receive an email when it has been approved and posted to the calendar. If you have questions about your event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If a location is already entered into our system, it will appear as a choice when you begin typing the full, official name of the venue. There is no need to list a separate address if the venue is already in our system.
Registration and Ticketed Events
If your event requires registration, but will not have a cost, paste a link to your registration form in the Ticket Link, but leave the Ticket Cost field blank. This will create a “Register” button on the top right of your event page. Also, when someone clicks “Add to Calendar” they will be prompted to register.
If your event has tickets for sale online, paste the ticket buying link in the “Ticket Link” and put the price or prices in the “Ticket Cost” field. This will create a “Buy Tickets” link on the top right of your event page.
Adding Multiple Events
- Download the Bulk Event Spreadsheet and open it in Excel
- Enter your events with as much information as possible.
- Separate multiple “Event Types,” “Departments” and “Target Audiences” with commas. Spell them exactly as they are spelled on the site.
- Email the spreadsheet to email@example.com and they will be uploaded.